Everything you need to know about creating a new Contract in Texada Web.
The following article contains information on features that are still in Beta. As such, the appearance and functionality of these features may be subject to change. Some functionality may not be fully implemented, and new features may be added.
- A Contract is a binding document between a rental company and their customer, containing details of a rental or sale.
- New Contracts can be created in Texada SRM/Web in a number of ways, including converting a reservation, quote request, or counter worksheet into a Contract, or creating a new Contract manually.
- To manually create a new Contract in Texada Web:
- Navigate to Contracts → Create Contract in the left side menu.
- Enter all relevant information for the Contract, including customer, site, product, service, and financial information.
- Click “Create Contract” to save the new Contract, or click “Send for Deposit” to both save the new Contract and email your customer with a request for a deposit.
A Contract is a binding document between a rental company and their customer, containing details of a rental or sale. Most rentals and sales processed using Texada software will have an associated Contract.
There are a number of ways to create a new Contract in Texada SRM and Texada Web, including:
- Converting a reservation into a Contract.
- Converting a quote request into a Contract.
- Converting a counter worksheet into a Contract.
- Manually creating a Contract in Texada SRM or Texada Web.
The following article will detail the process of manually creating a new Contract in Texada Web.
Creating a Contract
To create a new Contract in Texada Web, navigate to Contracts → Create Contract in the left side menu. This will open the Create Contract screen, where you can fill out all of the details for the Contract:
- Contract Info Panel
Contains basic information about the Contract, such as the division and location it applies to, and the rental period.
- Customer Panel
Contains information on the customer who requested the rental or sale. This panel also includes site information.
- Products Tab
Contains the list of products that the customer is renting or purchasing.
- Services Tab
Contains the list of additional services, such as cleaning, refueling, or dismantling services, that the customer is purchasing alongside their rental.
- Create Delivery Ticket Toggle
Check this box to automatically create a Delivery Ticket alongside the new Contract. The Delivery Ticket will be generated using the information entered on the Contract:
- Delivery will be scheduled for the first date of the rental period.
- The origin address will be your company location.
- The destination address will be the customer site.
- The products and services to be delivered will be those specified in the Contract.
- Financial Panel
Contains financial information, such as any discounts to be applied and tax exemption codes.
Additional notes and comments, both customer-facing and internal, can be entered here.
- Send for Deposit Button
Once the Contract details have been entered, use this button to save the Contract and email it to the customer with a request for a deposit. See “Requesting a Deposit” for more information.
- Create Contract Button
Once the Contract details have been entered, use this button to save the Contract. If the ‘Create Delivery Ticket’ toggle is enabled, a Delivery Ticket will also be created at this time.
Required fields are marked with a red asterisk ().
Once you have entered all relevant information for the Contract, use either the “Create Contract” button to save the Contract, or the “Send for Deposit” button to both save the Contract and email a copy of it to your customer with a request for a deposit.
Once you have created the new Contract, it can be viewed via the Contract List in Texada Web.Detailed information on the individual panels within the Create Contract screen can be found below.
The Contract Info Panel
Use this panel to enter basic information about the Contract.
- Contract Date
The creation date of the Contract. This is automatically set to the current date and cannot be altered.
- Division Selector
The division to which this Contract applies.
- Location Selector
The location from which Assets are being rented or purchased. If a pickup ticket is created with this Contract, this will be used as the origin address. Note that each Contract is associated with exactly one location; if you wish to rent Assets from multiple locations, multiple Contracts will be needed.
- Purchase Order #
The purchase order number associated with this Contract. If your client has provided you with a purchase order number for this Contract, it can be entered here for the purposes of cross-referencing the Contract with the original purchase order.
The salesperson associated with this Contract.
- Rental Period
The rental period of this Contract. The first date is the start date, and the second date is the end date. These dates will be used to calculate the rental cost of the Assets entered in the product panel.
- Rental Period Months/Weeks/Days/Hours
These fields allow you to generate an end date for the rental period by entering the length of the rental period in months, weeks, days, and/or hours. After selecting a start date, enter a number into any of these fields to automatically generate an end date. For example, if May 15, 2022 is selected as a start date, entering “2” into the “Months” field will generate an end date of July 15, 2022.
The Customer Panel
Use this panel to enter information about the customer who is renting or purchasing equipment as part of the Contract. Site information is also included in this panel.
- Customer Search
Begin typing into this search field to locate and select a customer from the list of existing customers. Note that a customer must already exist in the system in order to associate them with a new Contract.
- Customer Information
Once a customer has been selected, their basic information will appear below the search bar. Note that this information cannot be edited directly from the Create Contract screen.
- Customer Type
Once a customer has been selected, their payment type will be displayed here.
- Site Selector
Use this tool to select the site to which Assets for this Contract will be delivered. A number of options are available:
- Use Billing: Use the primary (billing) address saved to the customer’s profile. This is the same address that appears in this panel under the customer’s name.
- Search Existing: Search through existing sites to find the appropriate site. If you select this option, two additional options will appear:
- Customer: Search through this customer’s existing sites.
- Global: Search the list of global sites.
- Add New: If the desired site is not yet in the system, use this option to create a new site and associate it with this Contract. See “Adding a New Site” for more details.
- Site Information
Once a site has been selected, its site number and address will appear below the search bar.
Adding a New Site
When you select “Add New” under Site in the customer panel, the following pop-up will appear, allowing you to enter the details of the new site and associate it with the Contract:
- Site Name
The name of the new site.
A phone number for an on-site contact person.
- Search Bar
Begin typing into this search bar to search a list of valid addresses for the site in question. Once you have located the site’s address, select it to automatically fill out the form with the available information. It is highly advisable to use this search bar whenever possible, as it will ensure the site information is as accurate as possible.
- Address Information
Once a site has been selected from the search results, its address information will appear here. Alternatively, address information can be entered directly into these fields.
- Save to Customer Account Toggle
Check this box if you want to save this new site to the customer’s profile. If this option is not selected, this site will only be associated with the current Contract, and will not be saved to the customer’s profile.
- Cancel Button
Close this window without saving any changes.
- Save Button
Save this new site information to the Contract and close this window. If “Save to Customer Account” is selected, this new site will also be saved to the customer’s profile at this time.
The Products Tab
Use this tab to select the Assets to be rented or purchased as part of the Contract.
- Product Information
This table contains information on the products (rental and sale) that have been added to this Contract.
- Product #: The unique identifier of the product.
- Product Description: The product’s description.
- Type: Whether this is a rental product or a sale product.
- Qty: The quantity rented or purchased.
- Rate/Price: The rental rate for the entire rental period (rental products), or the sale price (sale products).
- Total: The total cost of renting/purchasing this product. Equal to Qty*Rate/Price.
- Edit Pricing (Rental Products Only)
Click the pencil icon next to a product to edit its pricing details. See “Editing Rates” for more information.
- Remove Product
Click the bin icon to remove a product from the Contract.
- Rental Products/Sales Products Toggle
Use this to switch between adding rental and sale products to the Contract. The type of products that appear when using the search bar is determined by this toggle. Always ensure that this toggle is in the correct position before searching for products.
- Search Bar
Begin typing in this field to search for products to add to the Contract. Note that only products whose Availability is a positive number can be added to a Contract.
- Products Subtotal
The total pre-tax cost of all products included in the Contract. This is equal to the sum of all totals for each individual sale and rental product, minus any applied discounts (see "The Financial Panel" for more information).
When you click the pencil icon next to a rental product in the Products tab, the following pop-up will appear, allowing you to edit the rental rates for that product.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Rental Rates
The cost, in dollars, of renting this Asset for a day, week, or month, respectively. These costs can be freely edited to customize your Contract.
- Rental Period Information
The Contract’s rental period, as specified in the Contract Info panel. Note that this information is for reference only and cannot be edited from this screen.
The total cost of renting this Asset based on the current rates and rental period. The system will automatically calculate the lowest possible rental fee based on the rates entered. For example, in the image above, the system has applied the monthly rental cost despite the rental period only being 2 weeks, due to the fact that the monthly cost is lower than the cost for 2 weeks.
Close this window without saving any changes.
Apply the new rental costs and close this window.
The Services Tab
Use this tab to select additional services to be added to the Contract, such as refueling, relocating, or dismantling services.
- Service Information
This table contains information on the services that have been added to this Contract.
- Service Code: The unique identifier for this service.
- Service Description: The service’s description.
- Unit Cost: The per-unit cost of the service.
- Qty: The quantity of the service ordered. For services with an editable quantity, you can enter the desired quantity directly into this field. A service’s quantity will be editable if the “Prompt for Quality” option is selected for that service in Texada SRM. See “Service Codes” for more information.
- Total: The total cost of this service. Equal to Unit Cost*Qty.
- Remove Service
Click the bin icon to remove this service from the Contract.
- Search Bar
Begin typing into this field to search for services to add to the Contract. The services available in this list can be edited via the Service Codes screen in Texada SRM. See “Service Codes” for more information.
- Services Subtotal
The total pre-tax cost of all services included in the Contract. This is equal to the sum of all totals for each individual service, minus any applied discounts (see The Financial Panel for more information).
The Financial Panel
Use this panel to apply discounts to the Contract, or to enter tax exemption information.
- Damage Waiver
Use this to select whether or not this Contract comes with a damage waiver.
- Rental/Sales Discount Amount
Enter a value from 0-100 into these fields to apply a percentage discount to all rental or sales costs associated with this Contract. Discounts applied here will be reflected in the “Products Subtotal” or “Services Subtotal” amounts in the products tab or services tab, respectively.
- Tax Code, Exemption Number, and Exemption Type
If the company you are renting or selling to has a tax exemption number, it can be captured here. Up to two tax exemption numbers can be added to a Contract.
- Tax Code: The tax code to which the exemption number applies.
- Exemption Number: The exemption number.
- Exemption Type: The type of transaction to which the exemption number applies.
- Rental: Applies to equipment rentals.
- Sale: Applies to sales.
- Both: Applies to both rentals and sales.
- Neither: Does not apply to rentals or sales. Use this option when a tax exemption number does not apply to rentals or sales, but you still wish to capture it.
The Comments Panel
Use this panel to capture any additional information about the Contract not covered elsewhere.
- Customer-Facing Comments
Comments entered in this text box will be visible both to operators in SRM/Web, and on the PDF Contract available to the customer.
- Internal Only
Comments entered in this text box will only be visible to operators in SRM/Web.