Describes how to grant access to Texada Web and/or Texada Mobile technician for an SRM user.
SRM, Texada Web, Texada Mobile
Before You Begin
Required: Valid SRM account, valid Texada Web account, valid login credentials and access permissions, existing SRM user, existing division, existing location
Enable an SRM user to access Texada Web and/or Texada Mobile to allow them to access the applications to take advantage of their functionality.
Note: This article covers the minimum required steps to enable Texada Web and/or Texada Mobile access as a technician for an existing SRM user. For more detailed coverage of creating a user, see “Create a Texada User in SRM”.
Divisions and Locations
The division and location the user is assigned to during the process is vitally important. You can enable a user to view the information related to one, some, or all divisions and locations in Texada. Setting this up for a user has a dramatic effect on the data they have access to. See “Add a Texada Web and/or Texada Mobile User to Multiple Divisions in SRM” for more information on how to add a user to multiple divisions.
In addition, when setting up a user for multiple divisions, you have the ability to set different security roles for each division, giving you full flexibility in terms of what your users can see and do in Texada Web and Texada Mobile. For example, a user might have permission to edit a work order in one division, but only view work orders in another. See “About Permissions and Menu Access in Texada Web and Texada Mobile” for more information on controlling what users can see and do.
Drivers and Technicians
When enabling a driver or technician user, there are additional steps required for each role that are not required for the other roles. These steps add the driver(s) or technician(s) to any driver or technician selection dropdowns in certain parts of Texada Web and/or Texada Mobile, such as work orders or tickets.
Unlike when you enable a driver user, when creating a technician user, you must first add them to the list of technicians in SRM. When you add the user to the list of technicians, you obtain an employee number for them. You can then add this employee number to the user profile you enable for that technician.
Note: See “Enable an SRM User to Access Texada Web and/or Texada Mobile Access as a Driver” for more information on how to enable a driver user.
- In SRM, navigate to System Maintenance > System Configuration Settings > Operations tab > General Settings
- Next to Time Charge Operators, click more options
The Time Charge Operators popup opens and displays a list of technicians at your company
- Click Add
- Use the Employee # field to select the employee that corresponds to the user
- Type the user’s last name in the Last Name field
- Type the user’s first and last name in the Full Name field
- Type a unique driver identifier in the Driver field
- Use the Division dropdown to select the division the user is associated with
Note: Leave the dropdown blank if they are associated with all divisions
- Use the Employee Type dropdown to select the employee type that corresponds to the technician user role
Note: This list is unique to each company
The user is added to the list of technicians
- In SRM, navigate to System Maintenance > Configure System Settings > Security > General Settings
- Next to Operators, click more options
The Operators popup opens
- Double click the user profile you need to enable to access Texada
The user profile details popup opens
- Type or search for the employee number from Step 4 in the Employee Number field
- Check Texada Web and Texada Mobile Access
- Use the Default Division dropdown to do one of the following:
- Select the division the user can access if the user can only access a single division
- Select nothing if the user can access the Head Office only
- Do one of the following next to Prompt for Division:
- Click Yes if the user can access all divisions
- Click No if the user can only access a single division
- Use the Default Location dropdown to do one of the following:
- Select the location the user can access if the user can only access a single location
- Select nothing if the user can access the head office only
- Do one of the following next to Prompt for Location
- Click Yes if the user can access all locations
- Click No if the user can only access a single location
- Click Division if the location should always be the same as the division
- Next to Security Roles, click more options to select a security role for this user profile
The Assigned Security Roles popup opens and displays a list of security roles that are assigned to the user
- Check any security roles that apply to this user profile for this division/location(s)
Note: You must select a minimum of one security role in order for the user to be able to log in
- Click Accept
The security role permission(s) and menu access are applied to this user role for the selected division/location(s)
Note: See “Assign Permissions and Menu Access to a Role in SRM for a Texada Web and/or Texada Mobile User” for more information on what permissions and menu access apply to the technician role
- Click Accept
- Click Accept
The user can log into Texada Web and/or Texada Mobile
- The SRM administrator must inform the user that they now have Texada access
- See “Log In and Out of Texada Web” or “Log In and Out of the Texada Mobile” for more information on how to get started in Texada Web and Texada Mobile
- You may receive a message notifying you that there are more users set up than you are currently licensed for. If this occurs, you can disable some of the users to free up licenses or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for more licenses
|Create a Texada Web and/or Texada MobileTechnician User in SRM||Log In and Out of Texada Web|