Describes the minimum required steps to create a new FleetLogic logistics manager or service manager user in SRM (Systematic Rental Management).
SRM, FleetLogic web and mobile applications
Before You Begin
Required: Valid SRM account, valid FleetLogic account, valid login credentials and access permissions, existing security role with assigned permissions and menu access, existing division
Create a FleetLogic user in SRM to allow them to access the FleetLogic web and/or mobile applications to take advantage of their functionality.
Note: This article covers the minimum required steps to create users and grant them FleetLogic access. For more detailed coverage of creating a user, see “Create a User in SRM”.
Divisions and Locations
The division and location the user is assigned to during the creation process is vitally important. You can enable a user to view the information related to one, some, or all divisions and locations in FleetLogic. Setting this up for a user has a dramatic effect on the data they have access to. See “Add a FleetLogic User to Multiple Divisions in SRM” for more information on how to add a user to multiple divisions.
In addition, when setting up a user for multiple divisions, you have the ability to set different security roles for each division, giving you full flexibility in terms of what your users can see and do in FleetLogic. For example, a user might have permission to edit a work order in one division, but only view work orders in another. See “About Permissions and Menu Access in FleetLogic” for more information on controlling what users can see and do.
Drivers and Technicians
When creating a driver or technician user, there are additional steps required for each role that are not required for the other roles. This step adds the drivers or technicians to any driver or technician selection dropdowns in certain parts of FleetLogic, such as work orders or tickets.
- See “Create a FleetLogic Driver User in SRM” for more information on how to create a driver user.
- See “Create a FleetLogic Technician User in SRM” for more information on how to create a technician/mechanic user.
To create a FleetLogic user, do the following:
- In SRM, navigate to System Maintenance > Configure System Settings > Security > General Settings
- Next to Operators, click more options
The Operators popup opens
- Click New Operator
The Add a New Operator popup opens
- Type a unique operator number in the Operator field
- Click Accept
Note: By default the user is added to your main division but you can change this afterwards
The user profile details popup opens
- Type a name for the user in the Name field
- Type an email address for the user in the E-Mail Address field
- Check FleetLogic Access
- Use the Default Division dropdown to do one of the following:
- Select the division the user can access if the user can only access a single division
- Select nothing if the user can access only the head office
- Optional: Do one of the following next to Prompt for Division:
- Click Yes if the user can access all divisions in SRM
- Click No if the user can only access a single division in SRM
- Use the Default Location dropdown to do one of the following:
- Select the location the user can access if the user can only access a single location
- Select nothing if the user can access only head office
- Optional: Do one of the following next to Prompt for Location
- Click Yes if the user can access all locations in SRM
- Click No if the user can only access a single location in SRM
- Click Division if the location should always be the same as the division in SRM
- Next to Security Roles, click more options to select the security role(s) for this user profile
The Assigned Security Roles popup opens and displays a list of security roles that are assigned to the user
- Check any security roles that apply to this user profile for this division/location(s)
Note: You must select a minimum of one security role in order for the user to be able to log in
- Click Accept
The security role permission(s) and menu access are applied to this user role for the selected division/location(s)
Note: See “Assign Permissions and Menu Access to a Role in SRM for a FleetLogic User” for more information on what permissions and menu access apply to the specific security role(s) you apply to this user
- Click Accept
The user profile is created for this operator code
The user can log into FleetLogic
- The SRM administrator must inform the user that they now have FleetLogic access
- See “Log In and Out of the FleetLogic Web Application” or “Log In and Out of the FleetLogic Mobile Application” for more information on how to get started in FleetLogic
- You may receive a message notifying you that there are more users set up than you are currently licensed for. If this occurs, you can disable some of the users to free up licenses or contact email@example.com to arrange for more licenses
|Assign Permissions to a Security Role in SRM for a FleetLogic User||Enable an SRM User to Access FleetLogic|