Describes how to grant FleetLogic service or logistics manager access to an existing SRM user.
SRM, FleetLogic web and mobile applications
Before You Begin
Required: Valid SRM account, valid FleetLogic account, valid login credentials and access permissions, existing SRM user, existing division, existing location
Enable an SRM user to access FleetLogic to allow them to access the FleetLogic web and/or mobile applications to take advantage of their functionality.
Note: This article covers the minimum required steps to create a service manager, logistics manager, or other user and grant them FleetLogic access. For more detailed coverage of creating a user, see “Create a User in SRM”.
Divisions and Locations
The division and location the user is assigned to during the process is vitally important. You can enable a user to view the information related to one, some, or all divisions and locations in FleetLogic. Setting this up for a user has a dramatic effect on the data they have access to. See “Add a FleetLogic User to Multiple Divisions in SRM” for more information on how to add a user to multiple divisions.
In addition, when setting up a user for multiple divisions, you have the ability to set different security roles for each division, giving you full flexibility in terms of what your users can see and do in FleetLogic. For example, a user might have permission to edit a work order in one division, but only view work orders in another. See “About Permissions and Menu Access in FleetLogic” for more information on controlling what users can see and do.
Drivers and Technicians
When enabling a driver or technician user, there are additional steps required for each role that are not required for the other roles. These steps add the driver(s) or technician(s) to any driver or technician selection dropdowns in certain parts of FleetLogic, such as work orders or tickets.
- See “Enable an SRM User to Access FleetLogic as a Technician” for more information on how to enable access as a technician user.
- See “Enable an SRM User to Access FleetLogic as a Driver” for more information on how to enable access as a driver user.
To enable an SRM user to access FleetLogic, do the following:
- In SRM, navigate to System Maintenance > Configure System Settings > Security > General Settings
- Next to Operators, click more options
The Operators popup opens
- Double click the user profile you need to enable FleetLogic access
The user profile details popup opens
- Check FleetLogic Access
- Use the Default Division dropdown to do one of the following:
- Select the division the user can access if the user can only access a single division
- Select nothing if the user can access the Head Office only
- Do one of the following next to Prompt for Division:
- Click Yes if the user can access all divisions
- Click No if the user can only access a single division
- Use the Default Location dropdown to do one of the following:
- Select the location the user can access if the user can only access a single location
- Select nothing if the user can access the head office only
- Do one of the following next to Prompt for Location
- Click Yes if the user can access all locations
- Click No if the user can only access a single location
- Click Division if the location should always be the same as the division
- Next to Security Roles, click more options to select a security role(s) for this user profile
The Assigned Security Roles popup opens and displays a list of security roles that are assigned to the user
- Check any security roles that apply to this user profile for this division/location(s)
Note: You must select a minimum of one security role in order for the user to be able to log in
- Click Accept
The security role permission(s) and menu access are applied to this user role for the selected division/location(s)
Note: See “Assign Permissions and Menu Access to a Role in SRM for a FleetLogic User” for more information on what permissions and menu access apply to the security role(s)
- Click Accept
The user can log into FleetLogic
- The SRM administrator must inform the user that they now have FleetLogic access
- See “Log In and Out of the FleetLogic Web Application” or “Log In and Out of the FleetLogic Mobile Application” for more information on how to get started in FleetLogic
- You may receive a message notifying you that there are more users set up than you are currently licensed for. If this occurs, you can disable some of the users to free up licenses or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for more licenses
|Create a FleetLogic User in SRM||Log In and Out of the FleetLogic Web Application|