Describes the minimum required steps to create a new FleetLogic technician user in SRM (Systematic Rental Management).
SRM, FleetLogic web and mobile applications
Before You Begin
Required: Valid SRM account, valid FleetLogic account, valid login credentials and access permissions, existing technician security role with assigned permissions and menu access, existing division
Create a FleetLogic technician user in SRM to allow them to access the FleetLogic web and/or mobile applications to take advantage of their functionality.
- This article covers the minimum required steps to create the technician user and grant them FleetLogic access. For more detailed coverage of creating a user, see “Create a User in SRM”.
- See “Create a FleetLogic User in SRM” for more information on how to create a FleetLogic driver, logistics manager, or service manager user.
Divisions and Locations
The division and location the user is assigned to during the creation process is vitally important. You can enable a user to view the information related to one, some, or all divisions and locations in FleetLogic. Setting this up for a user has a dramatic effect on the data they have access to. See “Add a FleetLogic User to Multiple Divisions in SRM” for more information on how to add a user to multiple divisions.
In addition, when setting up a user for multiple divisions, you have the ability to set different security roles for each division, giving you full flexibility in terms of what your users can see and do in FleetLogic. For example, a user might have permission to edit a work order in one division, but only view work orders in another. See “About Permissions and Menu Access in FleetLogic” for more information on controlling what users can see and do.
Drivers and Technicians
When creating a driver or technician user, there are additional steps required for each role that are not required for the other roles. These steps add the driver(s) or technician(s) to any driver or technician selection dropdowns in certain parts of FleetLogic, such as work orders or tickets.
Unlike when you create a driver user, when creating a technician user, you must first add them to the list of technicians in SRM. When you add the user to the list of technicians, you obtain an employee number for them. You can then add this employee number to the user profile you create for that technician.
Note: See “Create a FleetLogic Driver User in SRM” for more information on how to create a driver user.
To create a FleetLogic technician user, do the following:
- In SRM, navigate to System Maintenance > System Configuration Settings > Operations tab > General Settings
- Next to Time Charge Operators, click more options
The Time Charge Operators popup opens and displays a list of technicians at your company
- Click Add
- Use the Employee # field to select the employee that corresponds to the user
- Type the user’s last name in the Last Name field
- Type the user’s first and last name in the Full Name field
- Optional: Type information about the technician’s hourly rate in the Reg Hrly Rate field
- Optional: Type information about the technician’s overtime hourly rate in the Over-Time Rate field
- Use the Division dropdown to select the division the user is associated with
- Use the Employee Type dropdown to select the employee type that corresponds to the technician user role
Note: This list contains company specific options that are set up by your SRM administrator. See “Employee Types” in the SRM help file for more information.
- Click Accept
The user is added to the list of technicians
- Navigate to System Maintenance > Configure System Settings > Security > General Settings
- Next to Operators, click more options
The Operators popup opens
- Click New Operator
The Add a New Operator popup opens
- Type a unique operator number in the Operator field
- Click Accept
Note: By default the user is added to your main division but you can change this afterwards
The user profile details popup opens
- Type a name for the user in the Name field
- Type an email address for the user in the E-Mail Address field
- Type or search for the employee number from Step 4 in the Employee Number field
- Check FleetLogic Access
- Use the Default Division dropdown to do one of the following:
- Select the division the user can access if the user can only access a single division
- Select nothing if the user can access only the head office
- Do one of the following next to Prompt for Division:
- Click Yes if the user can access all divisions
- Click No if the user can only access a single division
- Use the Default Location dropdown to do one of the following:
- Select the location the user can access if the user can only access a single location
- Select nothing if the user can access only head office
- Do one of the following next to Prompt for Location
- Click Yes if the user can access all locations
- Click No if the user can only access a single location
- Click Division if the location should always be the same as the division
- Next to Security Roles, click more options to select a security role(s) for this user profile
The Assigned Security Roles popup opens and displays a list of security roles that are available to be assigned to the user
- Check any security role(s) that apply to this user profile for this division/location(s)
Note: You must select a minimum of one security role in order for the user to be able to log in
- Click Accept
The security role permission(s) and menu access are applied to this user role for the selected division/location(s)
Note: See “Assign Permissions and Menu Access to a Role in SRM for a FleetLogic User” for more information on what permissions and menu access apply to the FleetLogic technician security role
- Click Accept
The user profile is created for this operator code
The user can log into FleetLogic
- The SRM administrator must inform the user that they now have FleetLogic access
- See “Log In and Out of the FleetLogic Web Application” or “Log In and Out of the FleetLogic Mobile Application” for more information on how to get started in FleetLogic
- You may receive a message notifying you that there are more users set up than you are currently licensed for. If this occurs, you can disable some of the users to free up licenses or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for more licenses
|Assign Permissions to a Security Role in SRM for a FleetLogic User||Enable an SRM User to Access FleetLogic as a Technician|